In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

Image from Bandwidth Blog

Over the last decade of gaming, probably the biggest hole in my gaming knowledge and experience is the Halo series. Not to say that I have zero experience with the series: I've regularly heard a lot of Halo discussion on the podcasts I listen to, and have played some Halo 1 multiplayer, Halo 2 single player and Halo 3: ODST co-op and online multiplayer. But each time I've played a Halo game, I've walked away with a general sense of apathy.

I've played enough Halo to see why people love this series so much. Halo 1 and 2 were graphically great for their time, feature a story that many fans enjoy, revolutionized first-person shooters (particularly on the consoles) and Halo 2 and 3 feature one of the most popular online experiences on any platform.

I will give the Halo series all of its due credit. However, none of this compels me to keep playing. I don't really care at all about the story and the combat just didn't feel that fun to me. I know I'm not providing much of an argument as to why I don't like Halo, but it just doesn't click with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment