In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

Image from Metro Cincinatti

Back when I first lost my job, I made a vow to myself that I would not buy any games until I got a job. I admit, I made this vow to myself in hopes that my drought would not last long, and that I could hold out with my current stash of games.

Well, I'm a bit sad to say that I'm revoking my vow and I still don't have a job. I'm still applying for jobs everyday and I've had a few interviews, but as someone who has bought games for most of their life whenever they wanted, trying to stop is real, real hard. It got to the point where thinking about buying games became too much of a distraction; taking my focus away from finding a job.

I'm a bit sad that I've caved. I kind of feel like I let myself down and that I don't have the discipline to hold out. However, over this past month, I have held out far longer than I ever have before.

I will begin buying games effective immediately. In particular, I'll be eying the Mass Effect series, but I'll make sure to be smart with my money moving forward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment