In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.


If you reach this site through http://www.inthirdperson.com, you probably already know this move happened. However, if you access this site through Blogger or through an RSS feed, I need to let you know that I'm now at http://thirdpersonblog.wordpress.com. Please update your information accordingly.

Why did this happen? A few days ago, my blog got shut down because Google robots flagged it as a spam blog. Apparently, they did not take too kindly to my blogging etiquette of giving credit and links to people I use images from. Because only IGN had decent Street Fighter IV iPhone images, I used a bunch of those and gave them multiple credits.

I immediately requested a review to have it unlocked, which I was told would take two business days. It did not. A few more days passed, I began to freak out, and then Google reset my lock and I had to re-request an unlock. It was at this point where I became scared for my writings. I didn't want to lose them because some robots thought I was polluting the Internet.

So, I moved everything to Wordpress. Ironically, just as I finished the process, Google unlocked this blog. Thanks.

It's kind of a bummer that I've done a bunch of extra work to essentially do the exact same thing, but I was very disappointed in how Google handled the situation and frankly, I prefer the extra blogging features that Wordpress provides that I can't easily implement here on Blogger. I think the move will be better in the long run.

With that said, I will not be posting anything else from this particular address. Please continue to follow me at www.inthirdperson.com and update your RSS feeds accordingly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment