In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

Image from Gamesweasel

I'm not sure if it's my love of hip-hop, my roots growing up in the hood, or my adoration of the movie Scarface, but I've gotten really caught up in the drug-dealing aspects of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

Yes, the game as a whole is great. Yes, it plays pretty much as you would expect a Grand Theft Auto game to play. And maybe this whole drug-dealing thing is just side stuff to do while you work your way up the ranks of the Triad.

But right now, I'm all about pushing that weight.

If you're not familiar with how the drug-dealing works, there are six different real-life drugs being bought and sold in the game. You can see them all in the above picture. You get a bag to hold stuff in while you're on the go, and you also have a stash box in your safe house. There are dealers all over the city, all of whom specialize in buying and selling certain products.

If you get into it, you're constantly moving around the city, buying for low and selling for high. If you're good, you'll make a lot of money in the game really quick. However, just like real-life, you need to be slick. There are cops everywhere, and if you get caught, you'll lose some money and all the drugs you were holding. I've already gone through some epic chases where I'm freaking out over possibly losing 20 bags of cocaine. A few times I've been busted, and I couldn't help but curse out loud to the confusion of my brother sitting beside me.

The last deal I just did, I was able to get heroin at 75% less than market value, which is a freaking steal. But then the cops rushed in and busted it, and I drove for dear life across town in my slow van. Luckily, I was able to shake them...this time.

Make fun of me all you want for living out my hustler fantasies. I've got to link up with some Jamaicans down in Shottler, cause I hear they've got amazing prices on weed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment