In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.



This fighting game needs no introduction, as many still hail it as one of the greatest fighting games of all-time.

To me though, I'm basically jumping in cold. Back when this hit the arcades, I was a bit too young for my parents to let me just go to the mall and hang out at the arcades. Also, during the few chances I got to play this game, I was destroyed by a pro every single time.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is probably the fighting game I've always wanted to get into that I never really got a fair shake at. Now that it's out for XBOX Live and PSN, we'll see if I can find out where my curly mustache is at.

So far, it's fun, but on a very base level. I can do special moves, but all of the intricacies of the game are lost on me. I've won a few matches, but that was thanks mainly to some Sentinel button mashing and Cable super spamming. I'll definitely work on my game so that I'm not a complete embarrassment.

With Street Fighter IV as currently my main game, and with Blazblue around the corner, will this find room in my regular rotation? Or will I forever be the New York Knicks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment