In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

Image from Arstechnica

On my way back from my trip, I picked up my pre-order on the regular edition of Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. I had no idea what this game was about till a few weeks ago, when the limited edition version was getting rave reviews from the press.

Fighting games in general haven't been too kind to me since the days of Super Street Fighter 2. To this day, I still love those classic Street Fighter 2 games of yesteryear. However, after that the genre went either 3D or ultra-crazy 2D, which I could never get into.

My interest in the genre though has piqued with Street Fighter IV. HD Remix is great, but IV really took it over the top for me. It was familiar enough that I could jump right in and not suck, while adding new layers of complexity to learn. It was also awesome to play on XBOX Live.

Blazblue just happened to be at the right place at the right time for me. It was pretty. It had great word-of-mouth. I was getting back into the genre again. And Fight Night Round 4 kind of broke on me. I traded in Fight Night Round 4 to get Blazblue with the credit. By the time I traded Fight Night in, the limited editions of Blazblue were long gone. Oh well.

Here's to hoping it's awesome, and that I don't suck at it. The former is a lot more likely to happen than the latter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment