In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

Image from Casual Gamer Chick

So maybe I'm a bit late to the party on this one. This 5-year-old game from Pop Cap has probably been played by everyone and their grandma by now, and not much really needs to be said about it.

A few weeks ago, I grabbed this on sale for $0.99 on the iTunes store. To be honest, it was actually the first time I'd ever played Bookworm. I bought it because it was a great price for a game that everyone seems to like.

Now I see personally why it's so popular. It's been my go-to iPhone game for the past few weeks, and the basic premise of spelling words within the bounds of the game works really well. The interface that the iPhone or iPod Touch provides works perfectly for this style of game. While the game is fairly feature bare, it was a great pick-up for $0.99. Not sure if $3 for this is really worth it.

At this point, you either have this game cause you like it, or you don't because you don't like it. If it goes on sale again though, it may sway a few late-comers like me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment