In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

Image from Blog CDN

If you're wondering how my drum surgery went, you're about to get your answer.

Since the surgery, my brother and I have been re-energized and have begun playing a lot of Rock Band 2 again. However, not because the surgery worked out.

After letting the glue dry and re-inserting the plastic butter knives for support, our drums did not work as desired. They would still drop random notes all over the place. It was at this point we decided we needed to find a new drum set for the XBOX 360 anymore. Problem is...it appears as though no retailer (brick and mortar or online) actually sells the Rock Band 2 drum kit separately. I also didn't want to spend premium dollars on The Beatles: Rock Band drum set.

So what then were we to do? Just as though God had heard my prayers, I walked into an EB Games and they had marked down the price of the full Rock Band 2 band kit for about 50% less than the original price! So essentially for the price of buying the drum set separately, we got a guitar, mic, drums and game instead.

Image from Gamespot

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but the Rock Band 2 instruments are heavenly. It feels so good to know that when I miss a note, it's because of me and not because of a hardware fault.

As for our old instruments, I gave them to my 7-year cousin. They should work just fine for his purposes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment