In Third Person

A personal look into video games, the video game industry and video game culture.

I'm a huge podcast junkie, and the Player One Podcast has been one of my go-to shows since the very first episode. This week's episode from Chris Johnston, Greg Stewart and Phil Theobald (all former EGM editors) is a tribute to former EGM editor Andy Baran, who recently passed away at the age of 35 due to pancreatic cancer.

Growing up, EGM was a huge part of my life. Andy Baran worked at EGM during the early to mid 1990's, which many hail as the glory days of the magazine. While I personally don't recall much of his work in EGM specifically, listening to this very touching tribute makes me wish I had paid more attention.

The show features a ton of voice mails and the Player One crew celebrating the life of Andy Baran, and it's very touching to hear all these great stories about him. If you have a heart, definitely check out this week's episode of the Player One podcast if you don't subscribe to them already. Below is a link to listen to the show:

Player One Podcast Andy Baran Tribute

0 comments:

Post a Comment